1. What is the best gift you have ever given?
I would say paying for my husband to have a Formula One driving experience at Silverstone. He’s a big fan of F1 and so this was the perfect surprise gift for him. (Needless to say, he was over the moon).
2. What is the most sentimental item you own?
This one would have to be jewellery. Rings always hold sentimental value for me and in particular, my engagement, wedding and eternity rings. I also have a beautiful opal ring left to me by my grandmother after she passed away.
3. What factors do you consider before investing in a luxury item?
If I’m making a considered purchase, for either myself or for a gift, finances must permit, but not only that, the item or gift should be something to cherish for many years to come. If possible, adding a personal touch such as some meaningful words would be something else to consider. Finally, If I’m shopping for something fabulous, I want the reassurance that I’m buying from a trusted retailer.
4. What are your top 5 favourite luxury items?
I’m lucky enough to have several luxury items, but I’ve picked out those which spring to mind, probably because they’re my most used.
1. My Louis Vuitton Iéna handbag is another luxury and much-loved favourite of mine.
2. I would say my MacBook Air is my most-used luxury tech item – I can’t live without it!
3. Diamond earrings which were a special surprise gift from my husband for me to wear on our wedding day, and hold the most sentiment.
4. Looking at the Inkerman website I spotted the perfect luxury item for those Nutella lovers out there, (myself included), a gorgeous hall-marked sterling silver lid which can be engraved with your personal message. Perhaps a little indulgent, but since we’re talking luxury, why not!
5. Also from Inkerman a gorgeous Sterling silver initial charm bracelet. I would definitely love to receive a gift like this.
5. What is your dream gift?
I’m so easy to buy for, I love designer handbags or a beautiful necklace. I already own some Tiffany jewellery which I consider a luxury. But, if money were no object – I would say my dream – (head in clouds) gift would be the new Landrover Velar.
Valentine’s Day is around the corner so why not treat your partner to something special.
I definitely have to agree rings are such an amazing sentiment and there’s always such a heart warming meaning behind them. I love all jewellery in fact, my boyfriend got me these gorgeous earrings from pandora which were my birth stone colour. It meant so much!
That was a lovely thoughtful gift from your boyfriend. I love the theory that rings take on your energies and become stamped with the emotional periods in your life, hence why you should never wear someone else’s ring. Probably rubbish but I’ve always found it intriguing. X
My camera is a big one for me, it’s become like my second baby! ?. Also I adore my new Radley handbag that Ashley gifted me this christmas, oh and of course my wedding dress! Not day to day casual wear of course but it was certainly a luxe purchase ? xx
Funnily enough, since writing the post Dan surprised me with a gift – the Olympus Pen EPL-8. I’ve been lusting after it since I started blogging and it hasn’t disappointed! Yes, I agree on the wedding dress, definitely. A very expensive purchase and never to be worn again xx
Oh how sweet!!! Can’t wait to see your piccies xx
The silver initial charm bracelet is gorgeous!
It is isn’t it! Thanks for reading x
Ah what a lovely post. I love luxury items that also have sentimental value to them too they’re my favourite. Rings are definitely a big one for me too and I wear them everyday, although I have to admit last weekend i accidentally left them all at my mums so by the time I get them back it will be 2 weeks without wearing them, I feel lost!
Oh no, your hands must feel bare without them! How annoying. x
I absolutely love my Macbook and couldn’t live without it either! I also have the Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis on my designer handbag wish list – better keep saving for it!xo
Char | http://www.charslittleblog.co.uk
Our Macs definitely get lots of use! Hope you get your LV soon! x
Thanks for sharing.
This is such a great post! Love your tips and seeing your luxury bits! X
Thank you so much! x
I completely agree, jewellery is the most expensive things I own and I wouldn’t know where I would be without them!!
We all love jewellery, I get really sentimental about mine! x