I seem to have become a little obsessed with all things hair here on The Beauty Spyglass recently, (in case you hadn’t noticed) Today is no exception. I’m sharing my review of the Xtava Twist Curling Wand and yes, giving one away! (Ended)
Being an all-round beauty junkie, I already own a curling wand (or two) however, when I was asked if I would like to try this Xtava Twist Curling wand. I agreed, particularly because the barrel is larger than my current wands, but also for this collaboration I am giving away one of these fab wands so be sure to enter for your chance to win! (Details at foot of post)
Xtava Twist Curling Wand Features…
- 1 TO 1.5 INCH CURLING WAND – The xtava Twist Professional Curling Wand features a 1 – 1.5 inch ceramic barrel with cool tip for creating defined ringlets and tighter curls, 22 temperature settings between 200 – 410 F, universal dual voltage, 60 minute auto shut off function, and includes a heat-resistant glove and travel case
- HEALTHY HEAT – This professional black curling wand features ionic technology to prevent frizz. The long tapered barrel is coated in ceramic and tourmaline to preserve hair health. Great for styling long or short hair
- DIGITAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL – Choose from 22 temperature settings on an LCD digital display, ranging from 200 F – 410 F. Start between 200 F – 300 F for delicate or fine hair types, 300 F – 370 F for normal hair, and 370 F – 410 F for thick or coarse hair types
- DUAL VOLTAGE – Universal dual voltage (110 – 240V AC) will automatically adjust to the proper voltage when used with a compatible adapter
- SMART FEATURES – This small barrel curler is designed with a cool tip, LCD digital display, 60 minute auto shut off function, 8’10″ 360 degree swivel cord, and includes a heat resistant glove and travel case
The Xtava Twist wand comes housed in a good quality black box with magnetic closure which is a nice touch. It’s clipless as you can see. Personally, I prefer a clipless wand as they are just so much easier and quicker to use. when I’ve used a clip wand previously I just get in a mess with it.
The Xtava boasts some other great features such as a cool tip which I haven’t seen before. Also in the box are a heat – resistant storage bag and glove. The zip up bag is a great idea as curling wands generally only come with a heat – resistant mat. With this one, however, I just pop it in the bag when it’s cooled and it stores away nicely. My hair-drying area can become a little like a spaghetti junction with wires everywhere so the storage bag will help with that.
I’ve used curling wands for years so this is not something new to me. However, this one is a much thicker barrel than my current curling wands. It’s tapered and so I can wrap my hair around it at the thicker end if I want just a bend or I can wrap it along the length for a tighter curl. I also like the idea of ‘healthy heat’ with ionic technology. If you use heat on your hair regularly like I do then this is a real benefit! It’s recommended to use a thermal protectant on your hair before using any heated styling tool. Every girl knows that of course!
When it comes to features, Xtava has thought of everything. From the cool tip (no more burnt wrists) to something else I’ve not seen before, you can completely adjust the temperature through 22 heat settings from 140°C -210°C so if your hair is a little more fragile you can adjust it accordingly and keep the temperature lower. The cord is nice and long and also swivels to make life easier.
I don’t know about you but how many times have you left the house, got halfway to your destination then realised you’ve left your straighteners/curling wand on. I’ve done this so many times. Most memorable occasion being, suddenly realising around lunch time whilst at work, I’d left my curling wand on and had to drive all the way home to find an extremely hot wand on my bed where I’d left it. Fortunately, it was lying on its heat-resistant mat, that said I was pretty lucky nothing had burned or worse still caught fire. I assumed it would have an auto shut off function but not so.
I literally have to make a mental note while I’m turning it off so that I know for definite I’ve actually done it. No need to worry with the Xtava wand as it shuts off after one hour. This will certainly give me peace of mind in future.
The wand features a stand so you can rest it down and it just keeps it off the surface. This isn’t something I see regularly on a curling wand but it definitely has its use.
The first time I used the wand, I set the temperature to 180°C and used the wider end just to put a bend in my hair, this worked really well. I wanted to experiment with different curls, looser or tighter etc. It’s all about experimenting to achieve different styles. It’s also a nice idea to try different sized curls or waves to mix it up a bit!
Available to Purchase from Amazon
Don’t forget to enter for your chance to win one of these fab wands. Good Luck! (Terms and conditions apply. Closing date: October 13th 2017) CLOSED
Features PR samples. Read full disclosure.